Sunday 17 March 2013

Sequel to 'Wounded lil birdie'

I was reading 'Loving God' today and found the chapter 'The Chiselled Child' quite absorbing, for Prof. Kasturi (biographer of Sathya Sai Baba) shares his experiences of being chiselled by Bhagawan Baba.

He talks about one particular period that he spent in the crucible after his return from a trip to North East India, W. Bengal, Orissa, etc. Swami gives him the cold treatment for a long time. After a long period, Swami makes him realize his mistake and why He had not spoken to him for a long time. Kasturi writes "I had been cleansed again. But, what a tunnel of travail I had to crawl through to emerge into the Light of Love!"


As I read through his narration, what hit me like a ton of bricks was this line.

After an hour of tossing, I slept until Indulal Shah shook me, saying, "Dinner! Swami is coming." I went through the ritual. Like a wounded crow, I cried plaintively. "Kaov! Kaov! Save me, Save me!"

This was like deja vu for me, because just yesterday I had written a blog post comparing myself to the wounded crow that comes to our house regularly.

When I 'stumbled upon' this line in the book today, I immediately knew that Swami was showing me His omniscience. I also felt that it is He who is donning various roles in this drama of life. He is the one experiencing the pain through me. He is the one who prompted me to write the post yesterday. He is the one who made me 'discover' the line today. What a God!

No comments:

Post a Comment