Tuesday 24 May 2011

Na-maha - Nothing is mine!

By Swami's grace, I had composed a short bhajan a few days ago. And I truly believe it is His grace that He gave me the words and tune that particular day. Hence, when someone asks, I keep saying that I cannot claim the tune or words to be mine, as they simply flowed that night when I sat down to compose.

I got this interesting forward from a friend, which reiterates that everything is God's gift to us and we can never really claim anything as ours. I just loved the words "Nothing is mine, everything is Yours" when I first read them. Indeed! Everything that I have is due to Swami's grace and nothing else.

Interestingly, in the Shri Rudram, there are two portions - Namakam and Chamakam. In the Namakam, most of the vedic text has 'namaha' which has two meanings - 'in praise of' and 'nothing is mine', while 'cha me' is found in majority of the Chamakam text. This was the inspiration for me to use 'Na-maha' as the title for this post!

1 comment:

  1. Its been a day or week of 'seeming coincidences' or 'signals from heaven'. Truly fascinating isn't it :). Nice post :)

    Sumi

    ReplyDelete